For questions, please contact our Fire Prevention Captain, James “Doc” Dockray at 214-831-5342 or Lieutenant Galen Davis at 214-831-5346 or by email.
About Fire Prevention
The Fire Prevention Division encompasses the Fire Marshal’s Office which oversees all Community Risk Reduction activities. These efforts are undertaken through the Fire Marshal and include the following areas: Public Education, Fire Inspections, Fire/Arson Investigations, Commercial and Residential Plan Review, and participation on the Development Review Committee (DRC).
Each year, the Fire Marshal’s Office conducts fire inspections in existing businesses and for new construction projects throughout the city. Violations are brought to the attention of the business owner or construction project manager. These inspections help ensure that properties are safely built and maintained and that new businesses are safe for employees and visitors.
The Prevention Division is led by Fire Chief/Fire Marshal Ray Isom who is responsible for developing, maintaining, and enforcing all related fire codes and ordinances. Currently, the Anna Fire Department enforces the 2015 International Fire Code as amended by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) and local ordinances. View the amendments online.
Although exceptions and variances are not allowed, equivalencies may be considered on a case-by-case basis. This typically requires signed documentation from a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Fire Protection Engineer (FPE).
Contractor Information, Inspection Guides, and Forms
Please review the information below regarding new construction requirements, inspection requests, and the plan review process. To obtain a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) from the Building Department, a Fire Final inspection must be completed.
All electronic submittals and correspondence regarding permits should be conducted by email.
- Prevention Policy Statement - 13D Systems
- ERRC System
- Fire Alarm System
- Fire Sprinkler System
- Fire Sprinkler Monitoring System
- Kitchen Hood Systems
- Sign Specification Guide
- Automatic Gates
- Access Control - Delayed Egress
- Fire Lane Requirements
- Fire Final Inspection Request Form
- Pre-Test Certification / Inspection Request
- Underground Fire Lines and FDC
- Aboveground Storage Tank Installation - Permanent
- Underground Storage Tank Installation
- Underground Storage Tank Removal
- Pyrotechnics - Outdoor Display
- Pyrotechnics - Proximate Audience Display
Mobile Food Units / Food Trucks
- Mobile Food Unit Inspection
- Food Truck Safety - NFPA Fact Sheet
- Mobile Food Truck Guidelines and Requirements
- Anna FD Pre-Construction - Commercial Development Guidelines
- Anna FD Pre-Construction - Residential Subdivision Guidelines
To provide the highest levels of customer service, all fire-related permits, fire-related plan submittals, and fire-related operational permits are coordinated by the Fire Marshal’s Office. A 3rd party plan review process is utilized to decrease wait times, lower costs, and improve accuracy. Please refer to the documents below to learn more about the process and associated permit fees. Thank you.