The Anna Fire Department's Fire Prevention program includes annual commercial fire inspections. Commercial fire inspections are performed on a periodic basis to insure safety and code compliance. These inspections include identification of hazards and/or violations, making occupants aware of the hazards and/or violations, and assisting occupants in obtaining compliance.
Common hazards/violations observed include but are not limited to:
- Accumulation of waste materials, rubbish, high vegetation, etc.
- Defective wiring, switches, plugs, protective cover plates missing, etc.
- Obstruction of electrical control panels
- Fire suppression or sprinkler system inspections out of date
- Fire extinguishers missing or inspections out of date
- Address not posted or plainly visible and legible from roadway
- Exits obstructed, exit signs missing or not illuminated
- Improper use or storage of flammable materials
- Cylinders not properly secured
By ordinance, the Anna Fire Department enforces the 2015 International Fire Code as amended by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) and local ordinances. These amendments may be accessed here: Anna Ordinance Intl Fire Code and Amendments
For more information about Fire Safety inspections, please contact Fire Prevention Captain James Dockray "Doc" at 214.831.5342 or email him at email@example.com