City of Anna Performs utility line locates in the city right-of-way.
- City of Anna is not part of the "811 Call before you dig" process.
- An active ROW or TxDOT permit is required before you request a City of Anna line locate.
- The City of Anna does not perform line locates on private property. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
For Line Locate Request in the City's ROW:
Once an approved ROW and/or TxDOT Permit is obtained.
- The contractor or resident will need to request line locates.
- All City line locates must be completed before any work can begin in the ROW, water easement, or sewer easement.
- A copy of the approved ROW permit and line locate work order number shall be kept on the site throughout the duration of the project.
- Utility Locates can take up to 48 business hours, please ensure you submit with plenty of time prior to work commencing.
For Residents (Private Property):
- Call 811 before you dig.
- There are millions of miles of buried utilities that are vital to everyday living like water, electricity, and natural gas. Accidentally hitting one of these lines can lead to major problems throughout the community, and cost you a great expense, so always request a line locate through 811 prior to digging on your private property.
When can I dig?
- Wait until crews have marked their lines before you begin to dig. Within a few days of your call, crews will mark their lines with paint or flags. The depths of the utility lines may vary so be careful when working near those areas.
- Once the area is clearly marked, you may begin to work - carefully around the marks.