The City of Anna offers an automated recycling collection system and one gray top 64-gallon poly-cart for recyclables.
- Have your poly cart(s) set out & ready for collection by 7 a.m. on your collection day. You may place your carts(s) out as early as 6 p.m. the day prior to pick-up.
- Place carts(s) at least three feet apart from other carts, mailboxes, vehicles, utility meters, poles, fences, etc.
- Items should be loose in the container or placed in brown paper bags.
- All recycling must be inside the container with the lid closed. Items outside of the container will not be collected.
- An overloaded container or mixed with bags of trash will result in non-collection.
- Cardboard must be broken down and placed loosely within the recycling cart.
- Additional recycling containers may be requested by contacting...
Learn more about CARDS.
Items for recycling must be empty, clean and dry, and placed loosely in your recycling cart (no plastic bags). CARDS Recycling accepts the following items for recycling:
- Clean aluminum cans, foil and pans
- Steel (tin) food cans
- Pots, pans and scrap metal
- Newspaper, magazines and catalogs
- Thin cardboard boxes, chipboard, boxboard (cereal, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Milk and juice cartons (must be rinsed clean)
- Clean pizza boxes (without food or grease residue)
- Old documents, junk mail, mixed office paper, school papers and non-metallic paper gift wrap (must be larger than a credit card).
- Paper grocery bags
- Phone books
- shredded paper (bagged or loose)
- Small corrugated cardboard boxes (must be emptied and free of plastic and Styrofoam Plastic)
- Plastic drink bottles, jugs and containers (must be stamped 1, 2 or 5 (lids can be loosely attached)
- Product bottles; shampoo, detergent, etc.. (must be rinsed clean)
- Plastic bags
- Glass containers used in food and beverage packaging
- Ceramics (dishes, drinking glasses and vases)
- Other items not accepted: Adult and baby diapers, carpet or rugs, tile, fabric, clothing, shoes and yard waste (soil, limb, grass clippings, etc..).
Visit the Custer Road Transfer Station
9901 Custer Road (southwest corner of Ridgeview and Custer Road)
Plano, TX 75025
If you have questions, please call 972-727-6341.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), commonly referred to by its brand name "Styrofoam," is recyclable at:
Environmental Collection Center in Frisco, 6616 Walnut St., Frisco, TX 75033.
No ID or proof of residency is required. This is a self-service drop-off.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Yard waste is included within CARDS bulky item pick-up service. Pick-up occurs on your regular scheduled day every third week of the month. View the bulky item pick up schedule.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and E-recycling
Tires can be deposed of at most tire retailers or specialized recycling facilities for a fee. Visit the TCEQ website for more information.
Check with an area firearm retailer or shooting center for info on how to properly dispose of ammunition.
Fats, Oil and Grease
Fats, oils and grease (FOG) found in food ingredients such as meat, cooking oil, shortening, butter, margarine, baked goods, sauces and dairy products can cause sewer lines in homes and streets to back up if it is not disposed of properly.
Why should you care:
- Expensive plumbing repairs in your home: Not only are sewer backups unpleasant, but they are also expensive and unsanitary.
- Costs to the city: FOG clogs the city’s sewer system. Repairs are costly, accounting for hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, and ultimately are passed to taxpayers.
What can you do:
- Let fats, oils and grease cool to room temperature in pots and pans. Pour it into a container and throw the container away in the trash.
- Before you wash pots and pans, wipe up the fats, oil and grease with a paper towel and toss it into the trash.
- Small amounts of cooking oil and grease can be placed in the trash.
CARDS Recycling will provide free Christmas tree disposal. Please set your tree out on the curb for pick-up on your normal pickup day. A separate truck will be completing this operation. They will be taken at no additional cost. Please contact CARDS with any additional questions at 877-592-2737.
- Tree collection will occur Monday, Dec. 26, 2022 - Friday, Jan. 6, 2023.