- Parks & Recreation
- Parks and Trails
- Slayter Creek Park
- Slayter Creek Splash Pad
Slayter Creek Splash Pad
Splash Pad - Summer 2023
The Splash Pad will open for a special sneak peek on June 24 and June 25 with normal operating hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. On June 26, the splash pad will close again for service.
On July 1, join the City of Anna of a big Splash Bash celebration as we officially reopen the splash pad for the season. We will have special giveaways, live music, a bubble party and more. Please join us starting at 5 p.m. and stay afterwards for Boots and Booms!
Splash Pad Renovations
On July 12, 2022 Director of Neighborhood Services Marc Marchand gave an update to City Council regarding the splash pad and ongoing need for repairs. View the meeting (starting at see 58:15). In short, our splash pad is more than 12 years old and has been retrofitted over the years with new parts and pumps to improve its water conservation, chemical safety, and efficiency. But the equipment overall is antiquated. For example, most splash pads constructed today have at least a 4,000-gallon tank, whereas ours is only 1,000 gallons.
Currently, the demand for new parts surpasses supply. It has been increasingly difficult to find the parts needed to make continuous repairs to the splash pad to maintain its safety. Thus we will close for the season and use this time to assess what repairs or renovations are needed to improve the splash pad for next season.
Thank you for your understanding as we work on a solution that will be great for our kids and continue to provide a safe environment for them to play.
Splash Pad Rules and Procedures
The Splash Pad is a public amenity for all to use responsibly. To keep the Splash Pad a safe and pleasant environment for all, please abide by the following rules:
- Supervise children at all times
- Swim shoes are recommended
- To maintain water quality, all diaper-age children must wear swim diapers
- Walk, do not run in and/or around the spray grounds
- Refrain from climbing on the spray features
- No food allowed in and/or around the splash pad area
- Absolutely no glass containers of any sort
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited at the Splash Pad and in all Anna Parks
- Pet are not allowed in the splash pad area
- No rough-housing, aggressive behavior and/or profanity
- No skate boards, bicycles, or other items with wheels on the splash pad surface are allowed at any time
- Immediately clear the spray area when lightening is in the area
Other Important Information
- All park rules and regulations must be followed
- There is a 24-hour video security system in use
- The hours of operation may be adjusted later in the season depending on demand and system performance
- The sensor for the splash pad is on the top of the blue post
- The splash pad is closed every Monday for maintenance
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the operation of the splash pad, please contact the Anna Parks and Recreation Department at (214) 831-5384.