Slayter Creek Park
About the Park
Slayter Creek Park, named after one of the original families to settle in Anna, is a large park with many amenities for neighbors to choose from. Major funding to construct the park was provided by the City of Anna, a grant from the State of Texas, and donations from the Anna Community Development Corporation.
Slayter Creek Park Weather Status
- Athletic Field Weather Update Hotline: 214.831.5325
- Slayter Creek Park Lighting Detection Status
- Slayter Creek Park Current Weather Conditions
Current amenities at Slayter Creek Park include:
- Concession building with newly renovated restrooms
- 18-hole Disc golf course
- Four (4) lighted ball fields (2 baseball, 2 softball)
- Horseshoe pits
- Skateboard park
- Slayter Creek Walking Trail
- Splash pad
- Two (2) tennis courts
- Two (2) basketball goals
- Two (2) large multi-purpose athletic fields
To reserve the large pavilion or gazebo at Slayter Creek Park, visit our Parks Reservation website.
Recent Park Enhancements
- Renovated restrooms with automatic doors that will ensure the restrooms remain unlocked during normal park hours.
- New roof on concession building
- Updated batting cages
- Lightning detection/weather warning system with field conditions status on the City’s website
- AED (automated electronic defibrillator) will be installed on the exterior of the restroom/concession building
- Foul poles to be painted
- Enhancements to the splash pad
- Capital project considerations are to add pickle ball courts, basketball courts, and a restroom adjacent to the splash pad.
- Bond project considerations may include a new skate park, artificial turf infields, and other enhancements to the park.
Hours of general park use shall normally be from one hour before dawn until 11:00 p.m. City parks shall be open for the public every day of the year during designated hours, except during unusual and/or unforeseen emergencies.