The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is the Chief Executive Officer of the City.
The primary responsibilities of the City Manager include:
- Providing administrative and professional support to the City Council
- Implementing the policies and ordinances adopted by the City Council
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the City government including overseeing an annual budget of $12.1 million general fund, $38.5 million community investment program (CIP), $1.8 million debt service fund, $10.5 million utility fund.
- Communicating the City's vision and mission to all employees and providing leadership in the administration of the City's programs and services in the execution of the adopted strategic plan, providing for accountability to the City Council and the community
- Providing the Annual Budget Proposal to the City Council
- The Manager's staff also provides administrative and professional support and oversight to the City's Economic Development Corporation and Community Development Corporation.