The City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of Anna. City elections shall be conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and held annually on the first Saturday in May.
The City of Anna is a Home Rule Municipality and operates under a Council-Manager form of government as approved by voters in 2005 through the adoption of the City Charter. The Mayor and six Council Members are elected to voluntarily serve at-large for three-year terms. The City of Anna contracts elections through the Collin County Elections Administrator.
The next City of Anna General Election will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024, to elect a Mayor and City Council Place No. 1. For more information on who is currently serving on City Council please see our City Council page.
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Anna;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not filed, in a single election, for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City Ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
Important Dates for May 2024 General Election
Candidate Packets and Applications for a Place on the Ballot may be picked up from the City Secretary's Office, If you would like an electronic application packet, please complete the Application Request Form.starting January 12, 2024.
The first day to file for a Place on the Ballot is January 17, 2024, and the last day to file for a Place on the Ballot is February 16, 2024, at 5:00 PM.
The last day to register to vote is April 4, 2024.
Early voting will be held from April 22, 2024, through April 30, 2024.
The last day to accept an application for a ballot by mail is April 23, 2024, at 5:00 PM.
Designated Anna polling locations
The City of Anna has designated the polling location listed below for Election Day.
Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409