The City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of Anna. City elections shall be conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and held annually on the first Saturday in May.
The City of Anna is a Home Rule Municipality and operates under a Council-Manager form of government as approved by voters in 2005 through the adoption of the City Charter. The Mayor and six Council Members are elected to voluntarily serve at-large for three-year terms. The City of Anna contracts elections through the Collin County Elections Administrator.
May 2024 General Election
The next City of Anna General Election will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024, to elect a Mayor and City Council Place 1.
On February 13, 2024 the City Council ordered a Special Election for the purpose of filling vacancies on the Council. Places 2 and 4 are currently vacant with a term set to expire in 2025. The filing period for these positions is February 20, 2024 through March 4, 2024.
Request an application
Candidate Packets and Applications for a Place on the Ballot may be picked up from the City Secretary's Office, at Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409. If you would like an electronic application packet, please complete the Application Request Form.
For more information on who is currently serving on City Council please see our City Council page.
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Anna;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not filed, in a single election, for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City Ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
- Jan. 17: The first day to file for a Place on the General Election Ballot
- Feb. 16, 5 p.m.: The last day to file for a Place on the General Election Ballot.
- Feb. 20: The first day to file for a Place on the Special Election Ballot
- March 4, 5 p.m.: The last day to file for a Place on the Special Election Ballot
- April 4: The last day to register to vote.
- April 22-30: Early voting will be held.
- April 23, 5 p.m.: The last day to accept an application for a ballot by mail.
Designated Anna polling locations
The City of Anna has designated the polling location listed below for Election Day.
Anna Municipal Complex, 120 W. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409
Upcoming Uniform/Primary Elections
- March 5, 2024 - Primary Election
- May 4, 2024 - City of Anna General and Special Election for Mayor, Council Places No. 1, 2 and 4.