May 7, 2022 General Election
General Election for May 7, 2022 is canceled and shall not be held.
In accordance with Subchapter C of Chapter 2 of the Texas Election Code, the City Council of the City of Anna received written Certification that the three candidates for election to the office of City Council Member all for two-year terms are unopposed for election to that office.
The following candidate for election to the office of City Council Member are hereby declared elected to that office:
Pete Cain, Place 2
Randy Atchley, Place 4
Lee Miller, Place 6
Candidate Packets and Applications for a Place on the Ballot may be picked up from the City Secretary's Office starting January 14, 2022. The City Secretary's Office is located in Anna City Hall at 111 N. Powell Parkway, Anna, Texas 75409. If you would like an electronic packet please complete the Application Request Form.
Date of Next Election is Saturday, May 7, 2022, and applications for Places 2, 4, and 6 will be accepted at the City Secretary's Office at Anna City Hall, 111 N. Powell Parkway, Anna, Texas 75409 or by email at email@example.com.
First Day to File as a candidate is Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
Last Day to File as a candidate is 5:00 PM on Friday, February 18, 2022.
CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
According to the City of Anna Charter Article 5, Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- File for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code;
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Anna;
- Have resided exclusively within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least 12 months before the filing date;
- At the time of filing or while in office, be current in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City after notice of any delinquency;
- Not filed, in a single election, for more than one office or position as provided by this Charter; and
- Comply with all other City Ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
The City of Anna Charter can be found as part of the Code of Ordinances.
Designated Anna polling locations
The City of Anna has designated the polling location listed below for Election Day.
Anna ISD Board Room, 201 E. 7th Street, Anna, Texas 75409*
*subject to change