Mobile Vendors

Mobile businesses such as Food Trucks are known as an itinerant vendor. Itinerant vendor means any person who engages in a temporary or transient business, selling goods, merchandise, and/or services and who, for the purpose of carrying on such business, hires, leases or occupies land for the exhibition and sale of such goods,  merchandise, and/or services.

An itinerant vendor permit is not required if you are part of a special event permit.

Required Documents

  • Application (see below)
  • Property owner’s approval in writing 
  • Visual of the proposed location. Required parking spaces for an open business and the right-of-way are not appropriate locations.
  • Food Handler’s Permit from Collin County Development Services (if serving food).