Stage 3 Water Conservation/Emergency Response Plan
In order to conserve our existing groundwater resources and delay the need to start using treated surface water from the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD), The City of Anna has initiated Stage 3 of its Water Conservation/Emergency Response Plan. Beginning July 1, 2013 the following water conservation measures will be required:
- The use of lawn and landscape sprinklers and irrigation systems is restricted to the evening/night and early morning hours only between 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. Outdoor irrigation during rain or any form of precipitation is prohibited.
- The use of lawn and landscape sprinklers and irrigation systems is limited to one day per week, if needed. In order to more evenly distribute the demand on our water system, each residential and business customer is assigned one outdoor watering day per week based on the last number in the street address as shown in the table below.
| Assigned Watering Day
| Last Number in Address
||1 or 2
||5 or 6
||7 or 8
||9 or 0
For example if your street address is 4701, your assigned watering day is Monday. If your street address is 1008, your assigned watering day is Thursday. Residential and business customers may not use sprinklers and landscape irrigation systems expect on their assigned watering day. Exceptions are as follows:
- Foundations, new landscaping, new plantings (first year) of shrubs, and trees may be watered for up to two hours on any day by hand-held hose, a soaker hose, or a dedication zone using a drip irrigation system.
- Public parks or athletic fields that have been recently seeded, sprigged, or sodded may irrigate as necessary to establish the turf. The City may order the suspension of such irrigation if necessary to recharge or maintain adequate water levels in the City’s ground and elevated water storage tanks.
- Public athletic fields with established turf may be watered twice per week.
3. Using water in such a manner as to allow runoff (such as hosing driveways or paved surfaces)
is prohibited, however, pressure washing of impervious surfaces is allowed.
4. Washing or rinsing of vehicles is prohibited except with a hose end cutoff nozzle.
The following are links or articles to education resources that include more tips on conserving water.
Keeping Your Lawn Alive During Drought
Drought Proofing Your Landscape
Dallas Area Lawns Need Help
For more information about water resources in the City of Anna, please call the Public Works Department office at (972) 924-4510 or City Hall at (972) 924-3325.