If you have been charged with Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (FMFR)
, No Insurance, you must appear in the court on or before the appearance date at the bottom of the citation in order to do one of the following:
1. If you have insurance, you must present a valid insurance card or policy which was in effect at the date and time of the offense. Upon verification of your insurance coverage, your citation will be presented to the Judge for dismissal. You may provide proof of Insurance by mail, fax, or in person. Please note that in order to have your citation dismissed the Insurance card or policy presented to the court must contain ALL of the following:
- the name, address, and telephone number of the insurer;
- the insurance policy number;
- the policy period (the effective and expiration date);
- the name and address of each insured;
- the policy limits or a statement that coverage complies with the minimum amounts of liability insurance required;
- the make and model of each covered vehicle.
2. If you cannot show valid proof of insurance, you must pay the fine or request a court date to speak with the Judge about your situation. Payment of this fine will result in a conviction on your driving record.
If you were driving a car other than your own, you also may obtain a notified letter from the owner stating the owner granted you permission to operate the vehicle.